Monday, March 9, 2015

Let's talk about my boobs

Okay, really this is about a bra reconstruction project, but it like involves my boobs.

I have really BIG boobs. I measure a 36F. See. . . BIG. This means I have to have a really supportive bra. With back pain and arthritis, it's basically a medical necessity. Recently, I've started keeping my boobies under control with my bra straps crossed in the back. It helps so much. Even the tank tops I make and wear have their straps crossed to hide my bra straps.




My very favorite bra is the multi-way strapless bra from Lane Bryant.




Yeah, they're expensive. The limitations of the straps that come with them also annoy me. Normally, you get one the color of the bra and a clear strap. I really hate clear straps. They feel funny.

So obviously I needed more straps. I found these on Amazon, and I love them:
 

They're a great price, and I have all kinds of colors now.

So now I have lots of straps, but I needed more bras to put them on. One of my favorite bras before I discovered bras with the ability to mess with the straps was this t-shirt bra. 


The only bad thing is the straps stretched out on me all too quickly. Let's face it, my boobs are heavy. That's another reason I love that I can now just replace my straps. It's way cheaper to replace my straps every few months than it is my bras.

But anyway, I love my t-shirt bra. It made me sad to stop wearing it, so it was the first candidate for me to try and turn it into a copycat of the LB bra. Now, I can't wear it without straps like LB's bra, but I can change out my straps and wear them crossed in the back.

First, I chopped off the straps.

Next, I needed something I could hook my straps on. I chose little strips of t-shirt. Ribbon or any other material would do just as well though. 



Because I picked t-shirt, however, I doubled it and stitched it to make it a bit stronger.
Then I just stitched the pieces over the four spots where the straps had once been attached.






And then I was done.

I added some of my of my removable straps and stuck my huge boobs in there. It works great. I've been wearing my new bra all week.


As for a story update, the stories for 13 are being beta read. By Friday, you might get to see the first book trailer for the story collection. They'll be a short teaser video for each short story, so 13 in all. I'll be working on book swag for contest soon, and I'll be posting pictures of some of it here.

Don't forget to subscribe and “like” my Facebook page. They'll be contests coming soon, how-tos for some of my other reconstruction projects, and updates on my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment