Thursday, March 5, 2015

When Life slips you a Jeffery


So as you've likely noticed my blog makeover somehow required the use of a furry background. Yes, that's fur. Purple fur. Now, you may ask why in the hell I picked a furry background for my wall. Like everything I do, I have lots of reasons. The first involves one of my favorite movies Get Him to the Greek. If you haven't seen it, you need to do so. End of story. You owe it to yourself. In the movie, Araon Green (Jonah Hill) is given a joint laced with all kinds of different drugs. Araon starts to freak out, because let's face it that's a lot of shit to deal with at once, and believes he is having a heart attack. Aldous Snow (Russell Brand) then calms Araon by having him stroke the furry walls of the room they are in. Because really, if you're going to get slipped a Jeffery, you have to do it in a room with furry walls. Check out the scene: 


 

See! It's funny!

The scene even inspired a song by Aldous that was at the end of the movie: 

  


The lesson here?

When life slips you a Jeffery, stroke the damn furry walls and try not to freak out. Life has slipped me a Jeffery (metaphorically speaking), so I needed some furry walls. It was either furry blog walls or glue a shag rug to the wall of our house. I doubt my husband would have been cool with that.

My novel A Broken Howl also deals with werewolves and a few other types of shifters, so furry just seemed to fit. There, however, is not a purple wolf in A Broken Howl. Sad. I know. There might need to be in the second book.

The background also like reminds me of the purple minion from Despicable Me 2, and who didn't like that movie. . . .



I also just really like purple. In fact, I've had purple hair before, and if it wasn't such a pain in the ass, I'd have it again.

And that is the reason my blog has purple furry walls. Besides that little peek into my strange mine, I have sneak peak for you!

Not only do you get to know the name of our new publishing company, but you also get to see the logo my husband made! Drumroll!

I know, my husband rules. He also designed the cover for A Broken Howl, but you don't get see that just yet.

I'd also like to announce that my blog will be updating not once a week but twice a week. You're welcome. Next post will be a recon project I used to avoid formatting the stories for 13. Sadly, I now have nothing left to distract me, so I'll likely be doing that this week. What a way to spend my spring break. I may need to stroke the furry wall. . . .

And yes, I'm aware of just how dirty that sounds. The real question is why did you notice.



Don't forget to subscribe and “like” my Facebook page. They'll be contests coming soon, and they will be announced here! I'll also have posts about some of my friend's releases, and I'll be asking them questions. And if you're good, I'll have trailers for 13 for you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment