Monday, October 19, 2015

Winter is coming





Okay, so I live in south Texas, so it's more like, less hot summer is coming. I also get cold really easy, but I hate regular winter clothes. Enter a new recon project: the hooded scarf.

I got the idea from this blog

There's nothing wrong with the original project, but it called for me to go get actual fabric. Yeah, not this little recon girl. I used a t-shirt for mine. 




There's there thrift store shirt I used. I paid .10 cents for it, and this project allowed me to not use the part with the stain. The shirt I used was a 3x, so it was the perfect size for a scarf for me. If you use a t-shirt, make sure the shirt you use doesn't have side seams.


First, I chopped the bottom seam off. Then I slit it right under the armpits.

I used a hoodie to cut out the hood just like the original project. I never use chalk to draw out my cuts. You'll like want to.




Then I was left with something like this. I sewed now open back of the hood. Turned it inside out, and I have a hooded scarf.

Here I am with a finished scarf I made. I added a little t-shirt flower to the side from some scraps I had in my recon stash. It can be worn with the hood up to protect my ears (since I'm forever getting colds this time a year), or I can tuck the hood under the scarf and it looks just like a scarf.



No comments:

Post a Comment