Monday, May 18, 2015

13 Release Party Highlights Day 1!

So 13 is out! You can is on Amazon and Smashwords!

For day one Our Co-host was Roz! If you missed it, here is a little about Roz!




Bio:
I’ve been writing stories since my earliest memories: my first masterpiece was two pages of foolscap – with illustrations – about a television programme of the time, and contained more uses of the word “then” than any other. I’d like to think I’ve improved just a little since then; after all, I was only about five.
My English teacher in secondary school didn’t care for the dark, gritty science-fiction I regularly turned in for class assignments either, yet I persisted. I was teaching myself more than she ever did! As an aside, she also ruined both Shakespeare and Dickens for me, but that’s for another time.
So, where to really begin? I’m already in my fifties, although I’ve no idea when that happened! I’m British, English by birth and currently Scottish by residence: I’ve been here for over ten years now, on a remote island that requires me to commute by ferry for the day job – one of the best journeys to and from work in the world, surely! In the summer at least... this provides my core writing time, and with a favourable wind I can turn out a fair amount in that time. My output over the last twenty years or so has included almost a dozen novels and a handful of non-fiction texts, the latter being well-known in their academic field – something of a boasting point, I’m afraid! There have also been short stories scattered here and there.
However... if you look for all these other books under my name, you won’t find them, and here we come to the part of this biography that, for all my years of dealing with it, I still don’t seem to have any proper sort of handle on.
I am transgendered. There, I said it! I am biologically male, psychologically feeling more and more female (whatever that means, but it feels that way to me) as the years go by. My writing allows me a useful window to explore this side of me, and undoubtedly helps keep me close to some semblance of sanity. My family (I’m married with children)are aware of this side of me, and have accepted it without question since the Great Secret coming out – for which I am incredibly, totally, grateful.
I love sharing what I do: I have taken to FaceBook like a duck to water, and I regularly post updates, snippets and recent news about whatever it is I’m doing. I also have a blog, after many years of Luddite resistance, and similarly I am finding this to be a fantastic way of getting this gender-related business out there into places where it will hopefully do a bit of good and promote some understanding – not least in me!
Links:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Roz-White/1567046250194474?fref=ts
Stuff that we learned today!
 

This image is from a show called the 10th Kingdom. A show I had never heard of before, but it is now my latest Hulu addiction.
Roz knows here werewolf movies.
Both Roz and I wrote when we were young.
My pen name was made with variations of my parent's middle name. Because I love them bunches.
While Roz loves all the girls in her book The Sisterhood, she has a soft spot for Cathy, and she sees herself as a mix between Cathy and Naomi.
Roz might have a thing for space-travelling dinos!
I had a thing for horror even as a kid.
The first story I ever sold is one of the short stories in 13.

Now it's time from memes made from our caption this games!




















As we can see from the memes, my party guests like killer unicorns! lol

 And now it's time to meet our new co-host! A huge thanks to her for stepping in when someone else had to drop out last minute.
 

Brooke lives in Louisiana with her five girls and wonderful husband. When she is not working on finishing her current degree, she can be found fishing, coloring, or blowing bubbles with her kids. Just over a year ago, Brooke decided she wasn’t going to back down from her dreams, and started writing full time. With the encouragement of her family she is proud to be publishing her books for the world to read.

Brooke started reading later in life. Unlike many authors who have always had a special love for reading, Brooke didn’t pick up a book until she was in her late teens. She remembers wanting to find something to do with her mom, who has always been her best friend. One day her mom was talking about a romance novel that she just read. Not being interested in it all, Brooke gave in and read the book. She’s been her mom’s reading partner ever since. They can now sit and talk, laugh and even cry about all the books they have read over the years.

So, with great pride and honor, Brooke is happy to thank her mother for encouraging her to not only read, but to follow her heart, and write her own books. What started as simple poetry on scrap paper, at the age of seven, is now a dream come true. Brooke started writing but felt something was missing. When she started writing with Natalya , everything seemed to fall into place, and now here they are. Launching books, and writing more. This may be the first you see of them, but Brooke is determined that this won’t be last. Brooke is excited for you to meet their characters, and fall in love with the men that they have spent many hours with over the last year, just for you!!

Links:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V6IVRHU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=QQ8OZY31U5MO&coliid=I32H1REUEWNNNR
http://brookejohnsonbooks.weebly.com/
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/530375
https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-theneedtotouch-1768207-145.html
https://www.facebook.com/BrookeJBreaux.Natalyaparks

It's not too late to join in on the fun! Follow the link to the party!
https://www.facebook.com/events/1388791204776955/

No comments:

Post a Comment