Friday, December 18, 2015

Q&A with Rue Volley



Meet Rue Volley!


Why do you write?
Therapy.

In your life how important is art?
It ranks right up there with food and water.

What is your must have writing accessory?
Music.

If you could have an unlimited supply of one object what would it be?

Chocolate.


What sets Devil's Gate Trilogy apart from your other works?
Its has the most intriguing plot, realistic characters, and amazing world building that I have ever attempted in my writing. I made a conscious decision to push myself with this series. I wanted to become stronger in my craft and I honestly feel that I accomplished it. I think that my fan base has taken notice of it and new fans are introduced to a new side of me. There was a time that I wasn’t as strict with my editing as I am now. You learn and grow with each book that you write. This series took me longer to complete because I dissected every part of it from plot to editing. I wanted to produce the very best that I had to offer. I fell in love with this series and every character in it. I think that it shows within the pages.

What was your favorite scene to write from the Devil's Gate Trilogy?
I honestly had so many. I guess if I had to choose one it would be Jack and Abi’s first kiss. When he whispered “You taste like Christmas morning.” That line stuck with me and helped me build their love story. Twisted as it ended up being. But just like Abi said…Love isn’t easy. If it doesn’t take your breath away then it isn’t worth having.

You published the last book to the Devil's Gate Trilogy recently in November, were you sad to finish that series?
I was sad to type the final paragraph in book three. It took me days to do it and it wasn’t because it was difficult to write. I delayed it so that I could hold on just a little bit longer. But, I will tell you that the ending will make you happy. Very happy. Wink.


What inspired the relationship between Abigail Watson and Jack Landon in the Devil's Gate Trilogy?
The relationship between me and my husband. My husband is a diagnosed schizophrenic. He is also bi-polar and deals with extreme paranoia and depression. I explored all of this with Jack and Abi throughout this series to serve as a huge therapy session for myself. Truth is better than fiction, or so they say. I try to tell people that they will never know me any better than reading my books. It wasn’t a lie.


What projects are you working on now?
The screenplay for The Devil’s Gate Trilogy. This project actually takes priority. We are pitching this series to Showtime this year. Hopefully we can see Jack & Abi on screen by 2018.

A witch’s tale- book two. This book is LONG overdue, but for fans of the series I do plan on having it out in 2016. Life and other obligations delayed it.

Paper Dolls. This is a full length novel to the short (with the same title) that I released at the end of 2014. It is only forty pages in length and available on amazon for anyone interested in a post-apocalyptic steampunk based light erotica. I fell in love with the concept of it and decided to expand it into a full-length.

The Hollows. I started this project earlier in the year. It follows the life of Vee Hollow (who actually made an appearance in The Devil’s Gate Trilogy) She is the sixteen year old daughter of death and falls in love with a human while her dad is attempting to collect the boys soul.

I also have one more project in the works but I can’t talk about it right now. All I can say is that fans of The Devil’s Gate Trilogy will love it. 


For more on Rue Volley

 Facebook, Fanpage, Twitter, Website, Amazon author pageYoutube, IMDB, and Instagram.


Get the Devil's Gate Trilogy


The Devil's Gate (Book one): ebook, print, and audio.
The Devil's Fire: (Book two): ebook, print, and audio.
The Devil's Kiss (Book three): ebook and print. Audio edition coming January 2016. 

No comments:

Post a Comment