Thursday, May 3, 2018

Quotes On My Mind - Pitt Bulls Go to Heaven


So the new section that got the most votes in my poll was one where I talk about quotes that I connect with. Then between grad school and final assignments for my own students, I put off finishing the first of these posts. I tried to work on the one I had planned for this week, but I couldn't. It was birthday yesterday. My birthday is a strange time for me. It's a reminder that I'm getting older. It's an excuse to eat cheesecake and get presents. It's also the day before the anniversary of the death of our dog Assie. I thought I'd be okay this year, but I wasn't. I'm not. So instead of the quote I planned, this post is about a different quote.
"All dogs go to heaven because, unlike people, dogs are naturally good and loyal and kind." 

-- Whippet Angel in All Dogs Go to Heaven




Assie was a good dog. He was loyal and kind. And I miss him every day. 

But what I want to talk about in this post is that we don't treat ALL dogs like they'll go to heaven. Assie was a pit bull. All dogs are good, loyal, and kind. Unless they're a pit bull. Then people treat them like they're something else. Something mean. Something wrong. 

So that's what I think about today. That's what this quote reminds me. ALL dogs are good. No matter the breed. It's people that fail them. It's people that make them into something they're not.

So help me remember my furbaby Assie by remembering that he was a GOOD boy. That pit bulls can be good, loyal, and kind. Like Assie.





No comments:

Post a Comment