Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Webcomic Love - Girls with Slingshots




I was upset one day, so a friend sent me a webcomic. It was Girls with Slingshots, which was when I was like "OMG there are comics online for me to read!!!" Thus, my webcomic addiction was started.


Girls with Slingshots will always have a special place in my heart. The two main charters are besties, Hazel and Jamie. It's a completed webcomic, so you have about 11 years worth of strips to read. You can read the originals here, or you can check out the re-release of the old strips now done in color with commentary here.

While I love Hazel because like me she's a writer, I connect the most with Jamie.


I promise I don't love her just because we have the same size boobs. That does help though. Actually, I have a lot in common with Jamie. It's nice to see a character that is both a similar body size to me and sexuality. Growing up, I didn't often see female characters that remind me of myself in comics.

In fact, the diversity of race, gender, body type, sexuality, lifestyle, and personality is the main reason I love this comic. It's also hilarious and just totally out there sometimes.

There are also kitties. Lots of kitties.





There is also a talking cactus.


There is just too much to love about this comic. The characters also deal with varying life issues from the ones that are all too realistic to ones that are so out there you just have to hang on for the ride. Just read. You're welcome.

And once you fall in love with this comic you can follow it on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You can also support the artist Danielle Corsetto and see her new projects on Patreon.

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with this webcomic in any way. I'm just a fan sharing a comic that I love. If there's a comic you think I should check out, feel free to let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment