Monday, April 2, 2018

Submission Call - 48 Hour Flash Fiction 2018


SCI-FI-LONDON and Urbanfantasist.com are having their 2018 short story competition, the 48-hour Flash Fiction Challenge.

On Saturday 7th April 2018 at 11am, they will send you elements to create an original science fiction story. There is a hard limit of 2000 words and a deadline of only 48 hours after receiving the elements.

How it works:

Entry is free and open to anyone who writes or would like to dip a toe in the literary water. The story must not exceed 2000 words and be written in the time allocated. You can be anywhere in the world but entries must be in English. 



On Saturday 7th April 2018 (11am), log back in and click on My account.

You will find the elements you need to use.

These include:
  • The TITLE for your story (this will be unique to you) 
  • A piece of DIALOGUE that must be incorporated somewhere into the story 
  • An optional scientific idea or theme 
The deadline for submission is Monday 9th April, 2018 at 1:00pm via a PDF sent as an email attachment to 48hrflash@sci-fi-london.com.

Other things you may be curious about should be covered in their FAQ and be sure to read the full details on their website.

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with this contest. I'm just sharing calls for submissions that I find. I do submit work to the publications I feature in this section, so my work might appear there. This has nothing to do with which calls for submissions will appear on my blog. If you have a submission call you'd like me to feature on my blog, please send me the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment