Monday, April 30, 2018

Submission Call - Apparition Lit May Flash Fiction Contest


About: Apparition Lit seeks original, unpublished speculative fiction and poetry. Each quarter we open for submissions that meet a chosen theme. Speculative fiction is weird, almost unclassifiable. It’s fantasy, sci-fi, horror, and literary. We want strange, misshapen stories with enough emotional heft to break a heart, with prose that’s as clear and delicious as broth.

Reading Period: May 1 -15

Theme: The lilies on the table

Guideline Summary:
  • ONLY accepts stories 1000 words and under
  • Flat rate of $5.00 USD to the winning flash
  • Purchasing the right to publish the winning story online
  • Winner will be notified and their story published on the 20th of the month
  • Rejections will not be sent for the contest
How to Submit:
  1. Format the story using the Shunn manuscript
  2. Please retain all proper formatting marks. Keep font italicized and bolded. We’re not in the typewriter age anymore.
  3. Please only use Times New Roman or Arial font in your document
  4. Save as an RTF file and attach to an email
  5. In the text of the email, provide a brief cover letter that only includes your name, the title of the flash, word count, and any relevant publications
  6. Edit the subject line so it reads: FLASH SUBMISSION: Title of Your Story
  7. Email your formatted email and flash manuscript to: submissions@apparitionlit.com
  8. Add Apparition Lit to your Safe Senders list so you can receive our auto-response emails
Be sure to check their full guidelines before submitting.

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with this contest. I'm just sharing calls for submissions that I find. I do submit work to the publications I feature in this section, so my work might appear there. This has nothing to do with which calls for submissions will appear on my blog. If you have a submission call you'd like me to feature on my blog, please send me the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment